Alfred speaks frequently at church services and other community events on a wide range of subject. Please use the contact form at the bottom of the page to invite Alfred to speak.
Hosting a concert
Alfred blends uplifting music with an inspirational message in all his shows. Whether it is a 20 minute set with just Alfred and his guitar, or a full 2 hour show with a full band, the audience always leaves feeling touched and encouraged. Please use the contact form below if you are interesting in having Alfred perform for your church or organization.
Speaking in a Church Worship Service
Alfred would LOVE to visit your church and speak! To invite Alfred to speak in your church’s worship service, please provide the following information:
- Date & Time of service
- Name and address of the church
- Language (Alfred can speak in English or Cantonese.)
- Length of message
- Topic/Bible passage
- Approximate size and make up of audience(students, young adults, etc.)
Rising from the Ashes – What depression taught me
The following presentations are built from Alfred’s book “Among the Ashes” but covers each subject area beyond the scope of the book. Alfred is also available to facilitate a discussion following the presentation if desired.
- How Depression led to a renewed and re-imagined theology. (Time: 1 hour)
- Sitting with others among the ashes: How a community can support those who are suffering from depression (Time: 1 hour)
- Let There Be Light! The journey from darkness to hope: How God’s ongoing work of creation breathes life into someone suffering from the darkness of depression. (Time: 1 hour)
Leadership and Community Development
Alfred has the unique experience of crossing over from Church/Pastoral leadership into senior level leadership within the Community Service/not-for-profit sector. The following presentations are based upon the lessons learned along that journey:
- Transferrable Leadership Lessons from my years as a Pastor (Time: 1 hour)
- Communication and Leadership (Time: 1 hour)
- Community Development 101: For churches who are looking to “get involved in the community” (Time: 1 hour presentation + facilitation/Q & A following)